Wednesday 24 September 2014

More Excel Quiz Games

Okay, this will be my last post about Excel games until... whenever.

For those interested in learning Japanese, Hiragana is probably the best way to start. Details here.

I actually made the game for my son. (He speaks some Japanese and I am hoping he will learn to read it also). But all study and no play is boring, so I made another game about dinosaurs.

I loved dinosaurs as a kid (and still do in a nerdy way), so I didn't need to look up any of the descriptions - it's all been stored in the ol' memory banks for about 40 years or more :-)

(The pictures change according to the size of the dinosaur - not to scale, but for kids to get a feel for the difference between them)

While I was at it, I thought about making one for the girls (I know I'm being very politically incorrect but I'm too old to care). I know my friend's daughter likes princesses so I made this game too.



Writing about the princesses was much harder than the dinosaurs. Some I had never heard of, but no biggie - all of the information is online. Apologies in advance to those who artistic work I shamelessly "borrowed". My own drawing skill is "stickman" level :-(

(Warning, not all are princesses, at least one is a queen, and I might have inadvertently added a mere peasant or two?)

You can download the games below.

Let's Learn Hiragana (addin)

Let's Learn About Dinosaurs (xls file)

Let's Learn About Disney Princesses (xls file)

Next time, something a little more useful for everyday Excel?

See you next time.

1 comment :

  1. Fantastic and adaptable resource. Great for independent learning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete